Examples of Dashboards showing the results
of user-defined formulas by extracting data
from the underlying database
Statistical Dashboard is a tool that has been designed to create charts and statistics on a medical facility's trends (hospitals, hospital departments, operating rooms) starting from any organized database.
Dashboard is a data navigation, analysis and reporting tool.
It performs complex calculations on databases and provides straightforward result representation on dashboards.
It can be “connected” to any existing patient information database to analyze and extract useful information.
Dashboard works on previously existing databases wherever they are located. It neither creates them, nor copies data from one database to a proprietary data repository or file. The user must only provide the information required to find the data table either on the PC or the network.
The following are examples of simple calculations Dashboard can do, provided that the necessary information is available in the patient database
- Average Length-of-stay.
- Average Post-operation bleeding.
- Average consumption of blood products.
- Number of infections developed in the ICU.
- Average length of post-operative intubation.
- Average waiting time for surgery.
Dashboard compares various data to find significant links between different parameters. For instance:
- bleeding vs. disposable materials;
- complications vs. surgical techniques;
- diagnosis vs. age;
- length of stay vs. drug therapies.
- post-operative ventilation time vs. patient age;
- links up to most types of data sources (ODBC, Access, dBase, FoxPro,Excel, Text, OLEDB, SQL Server, Oracle);
- performs multidimensional data navigation;
- draws pareto and comparison charts;
- manages user-defined formulas on one or more data sources and creates computed indicators;
- paints configurable dashboards to visually represent indicators.
Dashboard comes in two versions: either as a stand alone application (for any kind of calculation and statistic on any kind of database) or as a DIGISTAT® module (for specific use within the DIGISTAT® suite).
Statistical Dashboard is part of the following UMS solutions:
- Operating Theatre Solution
- Intensive Care Solution
- Biomedical Department
- Healthcare Facilities Management
Dashboard is a product of interest for administrative managers.