CLINGO®: a customizable asset management web technology.
| CLINGO® Home Page |
is a powerful and easy-to-use medical device asset management system.
This totally Web-based technology can be used anywhere within the hospital's intranet network and on the Internet, using any workstation that runs Microsoft® Internet Explorer. CLINGO®
requires no installation on the client workstation.
- the application's server centralisation allows every user to work with the latest updated version;
- it can be easily and widely personalized to meet user requirements;
- the user is assigned a special authorization so that everyone has access only to a subset of functions and data that are suitable for his/her role and knowledge;
- it is characterized by a very intuitive and user-friendly interface;
- CLINGO® prints high quality documentation in various formats (PDF, XLS, TXT, RTF, TIFF, HTML etc.), depending on the user's specific requirements.
- CLINGO® has been developed to be a useful tool for:
- the end-users of devices: doctors, nurses, unit managers etc.
- technical service engineers (biomed dept / global service / manufacturer);
- hotline operators (biomed dept / global service / manufacturer);
- hospital biomedical department supervisors;
- distributors / global service providers.
- End users (departments using the devices under maintenance, for instance) can access CLINGO® with a normal PC connected either to the internet or to the hospital’s intranet. They can use a plain internet browser program (Internet Explorer®) to:
| Service Calls Management |
- make service calls;
- check the current status of a device sent out for maintenance;
- retrieve and print device data, repairs history, details of the most recent safety and performance checks and upgrades;
- retrieve and print the "service logbook" of devices in the unit;
- retrieve and print the User Guides and Service Manuals of the devices;
- send messages either to the Biomedical Dept or to the Maintenance Service;
- enter data regarding the use of equipment and the planned service calls.
- view service calendars for planned maintenance operations on devices;
- CLINGO® handles technical service engineers' work procedures both in the workshop and at the end user site, including quality assurance checklists.
The repair worksheet can be entered
- directly using the Unit's PC connected to CLINGO® throught the intranet;
- with a portable computer (HandHeld) which will be synchronized on return to the office;
- from either a home PC or from the office, throught an Internet connection .
- Engineers of external companies can also fill out an electronic service report either on site or from their company. The list of pending service calls can be easily browsed. Device documentation con be read on any PC in the unit. Documentation comprises:
- device identification data;
- user manuals and maintenance/service manuals;
- video clips of maintenance procedures - when available;
- acceptance report, repair history;
- the latest safety and performance checks;
- device logbook and the checklists.
Engineers can also:
| 'Out of use' management |
- receive - on a GSM mobile phone or on a Pager - SMS messages for urgent calls, sent either from the message center operator or automatically during the on-call time;
- acquire reports of measurements taken by testing devices;
- read approval, verification and repair checklists on a HandHeld computer.
- The Department Manager can easily overview, plan and check operations, such as:
| Preventives management |
- call status monitoring;
- repair progress monitoring;
- obtaining statistics (i.e. on device defect rates, intervention time, repair and delivery time, etc…);
- obtaining information about costs analytically arranged by supplier, device or model;
- viewing alerts for repairs that have exceeded the time limit;
- scheduling programmed maintenance (f.i. every 6 months);
- scheduling preventive maintenance (f.i. after 1000 hours of operation);
- scheduling and analysing the type and amount of technicians' workload.
- With CLINGO® The manufacturers will be able to:
- perform timely preventive and schedule service repairs;
- increase service income;
- improve device quality in the field;
- perform timely end-of-life recalls;
- increase replacement sales;
- enhance safety;
- analyze the technical service backlog;
- send repair pro-forma invoices, when requested;
- show alerts for devices awaiting for pro-forma approval;
- handle pull units.
- CLINGO® can be mostly managed from remote stations either by the system administrator or by UMS service engineers.
| Device Inventory |
The Communicator module
The “Communicator” module makes it possible to automatically send appropriate e-mail messages to specific accounts. Each action performed on CLINGO® can be configured to generate an e-mail message containing all the useful information to the service needs.
The relevant CLINGO® screen can be reached from the e-mail message through a direct link.
The eDocument module
The “eDocument” module is an electronic record archiving system actualizing the paperless management of all the work activities and making information retrieval immediate.
It is possible to attach any kind of file to each entity managed by the system: technical manuals, maintenance contracts, acceptance tests documentation, out of use documentation, offers, photos documenting the asset state etc… The “eDocument” module enables the full management of the documentation of each device.
The CALENDAR module
The “Calendar” module is dedicated to the asset maintenance scheduling. This module makes it possible to organise the preventive maintenances and the technical checks within weekly and monthly work plans.
The user interface monitors on a single screen all the activities scheduled for one year.
An easy web navigation displays the history of the maintenance activities and all the forthcoming activities.
The “Calendar” module enables quick and effective checks on the punctuality, the duration and the outcomes of every maintenance activity, as well as on the duration of every out-of-use.
CLINGO® Mobile Inventory
CLINGO® Mobile Inventory is a software designed for the asset location verification within the healthcare structure. It works on a Pocket PC implementing a barcode reader and is constantly aligned to the CLINGO® archives.
CLINGO® Mobile Inventory operates in a quick and easy way, enabling to record all the meaningful information and to immediately update the structure archives.
Questions CLINGO® answers in no time at all
Is a device under warranty? Is it under a maintenance contract? Will it be paid cash? How many repairs are made during the warranty period?
What percentage of the installed base is not covered by a maintenance contract?
How many devices are available in a hospital unit? How urgent is a repair? Is a Pull unit needed?
Which are a customer's units that have the highest defect rate? Which are the used most often? Which devices still require a software upgrade?
What is a device's repair history? Which were the most recent technical interventions performed?
Where is a device located ? How much is it used? What type of alarms and system errors are most frequent?
What is the residual depreciation value and time of a (group of) device(s)?
What’s the average repair time? How is it composed? Internal hospital processing, shipment, wait at the company, waiting time for parts, workmanship and overall repair time, etc.
Which devices are close to their preventive maintenance time, programmed maintenance time, end-of-life date?
Which failures are most frequent? Which components? What are the most frequent out-of-box problems?
What’s the efficiency (repairs per month, total units, models, repair time per type of failure, backlog, etc.) of a technical workshop? And of an engineer?
Which types of operations are performed most frequently? (washing, SW upgrade, calibration, part substitution, etc., in total and per instrument) Before requesting the customer to send the pump for repair, which were the pump's latest events and messages just before the failure? Can it be reset/re-calibrated at the customer site?
Related Products CLINGO®
is part of the "Biomedical Department
It is a software created for Administrative Managers